Tech Hiring Remains Strong During Pandemic
Dice released their Q1 2020 Jobs Report comparing Q1 2019 to today's current environment in an unstable economy. The report reveals that tech hiring remains strong as there is much demand for technologists in an all-digital world.
Key stats from the report:
- Generally, Q1 job postings saw a significant spike when compared to Q1 of 2019, with both established and emerging tech hubs showing significant growth.
- At a high level, the data in this report suggests that, currently, the tech industry is more insulated from COVID-19 than other industries such as food, hospitality and tourism.
- Comparing Q1 of 2020 to Q1 of 2019, almost every state experienced growth. (See full report for drilldown of markets.)
- The top employers of Q1 primarily consist of tech giants, consulting agencies and government contractors.
- COVID-19 is influencing how many businesses prioritize the tech roles they need to fill.
- From February to March, these job postings saw a significant increase: cybersecurity engineers (20%), .NET developers (12%), system engineers (11%), and DevOps engineers (6%).
Are you looking to fill key tech roles in your organization? Read about our staffing and remote workforce enablement services.