Report: Technology's Influence on Business Decisions
Deloitte’s annual survey of the technology needs and priorities of America’s private and mid-market companies finds business leaders generally believe they can keep pace with technology-driven growth.
Key highlights from the report:
- 51% of the business leaders polled expect their firms to have an annual growth rate of 11% or more.
- 43% of respondents are spending more than 5% of firm revenue on technology.
- Information security is the No. 1 technology trend on executives’ minds.
- Talent needs are driving digital transformation as 68% of respondents plan to hire people with emerging technology skills.
- 72% of leaders surveyed say the education and reskilling of employees through enhanced internal learning and development is the best path to realize a worker’s potential.
- In anticipation of shifts in marketing, sales and supply chain jobs, 54% of respondents are reskilling workers, and 52% are revising jobs to get people and machines integrated.
Deloitte’s 2019 Global Human Capital Trends survey adds additional perspective, as 61% of respondents say finding qualified, experienced candidates is the biggest challenge in talent acquisition.
Are you struggling to find talent with emerging technology skills? Let's talk.