9 out of 10 Hiring Managers Struggle to Find Tech Talent
In a recent survey from Indeed, 86% of hiring managers said they find it challenging to hire technical talent, with over a third saying they find it "very" challenging.
This supports the recent trending articles about the tech talent shortage in the U.S. and how it's affecting the job market. Here are the highlights from the 1,000+ technical hiring managers surveyed:
- 53% have hired tech talent despite candidates not meeting the job requirements
- 36% said the lack of timely hiring has caused burnout in existing employees and affected their businesses
- 77% said the most important qualification to evaluate technical talent is work experience
- 24% think an Ivy League degree is "very important", although there is an increased number of firms considering coding camps along with degrees
- 75% say time to fill has continued to increase over the last three years
- 83% believe the difficulties in hiring tech talent has hurt their business either from lost revenue, slow product development, sluggish market expansion, or even employee burnout and tension on the IT team.
Not sure if hiring is the best option to solve your IT challenges? Read our blog to make sure you're getting the most out of your resources.