5 Changes Tech Pros Would Make to the Job Search Process
Candidate experience is a top priority for companies hiring skilled IT workers, who are in high demand to keep up with the fast-paced world of technology today.
MATRIX asked IT professionals in their recent Tech Candidate Experience Survey for the number one thing they would change about the job search process and revealed the top five responses.
While the survey showed that job seekers get the best experience when working with recruiters, many of these responses suggest ways recruiters can improve to make the job search process easier. Better communication and follow-up from recruiters was at the top of the list, showing that the industry has a lot of room to improve in this area. As one respondent said, "Recruiters forget about you when the current job they're trying to fill closes."
Here are the rest of the top things tech professionals would change about the job search process:
- Better communication and follow-up from recruiters
- Honest feedback on rejections
- Train recruiters better on technical skills, job descriptions, and client culture
- Personal, trusting relationship between candidates and recruiters that goes beyond one job they are trying to fill
- More transparent job postings that include compensation
About the Survey
This survey was conducted online by MATRIX Resources, Inc. between August 1-30, 2016 among 1,418 technical professionals across the U.S. Of those 1,418 respondents, 42% report having no relationship with MATRIX, 33% have spoken but not worked with MATRIX, and 25% are current or prior MATRIX contractors.