2020 Emerging Jobs: Tech Jobs Remain King
LinkedIn’s third-annual Emerging Jobs Report for 2020 identifies the top 15 jobs that have emerged over the last five years based on their data, as well as the skills associated with them, and insights into the industries and cities hiring this emerging workforce.
Top 15 Emerging Jobs for 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Specialist | 74% annual growth
- Robotics Engineer | 40% annual growth
- Data Scientist | 37% annual growth
- Full Stack Engineer | 35% annual growth
- Site Reliability Engineer | 34% annual growth
- Customer Success Specialist | 34% annual growth
- Sales Development Representative | 34% annual growth
- Data Engineer | 33% annual growth
- Behavioral Health Technician | 32% annual growth
- Cybersecurity Specialist | 30% annual growth
- Back End Developer | 30% annual growth
- Chief Revenue Officer | 28% annual growth
- Cloud Engineer | 27% annual growth
- Product Owner | 24% annual growth
Other highlights from the report
- Robotics makes the list for the first time while Blockchain Developer did not return this year. AI and Data Science roles continue to dominate.
- The tech industry is facing more demand for roles relying heavily on people skills, like Customer Success Specialist, Sales Development Representative, and Product Owner. The future of things like Software as a Service (SaaS) will rely on people skills (which can’t be automated) successfully complementing new technologies.
- Previously considered a “perk,” flexibility to work remotely has gone mainstream and is now a priority for more than 40% of millennials, who now make up the largest generation in the workforce.