10 Tech Trends to Watch in 2020
In CompTIA's IT Industry Outlook 2020, they project the global IT industry will grow at a rate of 3.7% in 2020, with upside potential in the 5.4% range and a downside floor of 1.9%. Growth expectations for the IT market in the United States are in line with the global projection.
“This is a narrower forecast range than what we’ve seen in past years, suggesting industry executives are exercising a relatively high degree of caution in an unpredictable environment,” said Seth Robinson, senior director, industry analysis, at CompTIA.
CompTIA’s 10 Trends to Watch in 2020
- Tech-Washing Fades in Favor of Real Strategy
- Workforce Diversity Grows in Many Ways
- Tech Topics Are Front and Center in U.S. Elections
- Hype Meets Reality with Emerging Technology
- Internet of Things Continues to Redefine IT Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence Eats the World
- Demand for Integration Leads to Demand for Automation
- Cybersecurity Becomes More Operational
- Deep Fakes and 5G Exacerbate the Data Management Challenge
- Tech Industry Regulation Stirs Fears
These business trends geared toward AI and emerging technology are in line with the education and skills IT professionals plan to grow in 2020, according to a report from global training and development platform Udemy.
Read more about the top 10 trends in the full CompTIA report here.