Top-Paying IT Certifications for 2016
Global Knowledge has released the 15 top-paying certifications of 2016 based on their IT Skills and Salary Survey conducted in the fall of 2015. (Note: some certifications may pay more than those listed but were excluded due to a low number of survey responses or lack of future availability.)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate | $125,871
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) | $122,954
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) | $122,291
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) | $121,923
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) | $116,094
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) | $113,320
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching | $112,858
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Data Center | $107,045
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) | $105,008
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) | $103,297
- Six Sigma Green Belt | $102,594
- Citrix Certified Professional - Virtualization (CCP-V) | $102,138
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Security | $101,414
- ITIL® v3 Foundation | $99,869
- VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) | $99,334
When comparing this list to last year's top certifications, several cracked the top 15 that didn't in 2015, including the number one cert, AWS Certified Solutions Architect. Also making the top 15 this year for the first time are CCIE, CCNA and CCP-V.
The biggest trend in this year's list is security - six of the top 15 are in security. The certifications below also deserve mention for being the most popular choices. Though ITIL Foundation is by far the most popular of the highest-paying certifications, it is still not as popular as the first four in the list below.
Looking for IT talent or a new job opportunity?