MATRIX Tech Candidate Experience Survey Sheds Light on Current State of Job Search
New survey reveals disconnect between IT job seekers and recruiters
ATLANTA, GA (November 14, 2016) – MATRIX Resources, Inc., a leading national technology staffing and solutions company, revealed the results of their first Tech Candidate Experience Survey today. The study surveyed 1,418 technical professionals nationwide to gain additional insight into the current job search process as well as to find out what they like and dislike about the process, and how they would improve it.
“The survey data highlights a disconnect between IT job seekers and talent acquisition professionals,” said MATRIX Executive Vice President Jon Davis. “To improve candidate experience, recruiters have to get better at communicating with candidates and understanding their expectations for communication and transparency.”
Key findings from the survey include:
- Fifty-five percent of technical professionals say they look at job opportunities daily or weekly
- On a scale from 1-10 (10 being most likely), the average respondent answered seven when asked how likely they would be to change jobs in the next 12 months
- Of all the methods tech professionals use to look for a job, the majority say that working with recruiters gives them the best experience
- The top two advantages tech pros get from working with recruiters are the higher likelihood of getting a job offer and insider info into companies
- The top two struggles of working with recruiters are the lack of communication during a job search and feeling like recruiters don’t have Job Seekers’ best interests at heart
Download the results from the Tech Candidate Experience Survey.
MATRIX brings a true Agile perspective to technology staffing and solutions. This makes it easier for technology professionals to get great work and for companies to get great work done. What’s behind it all? Three things: (1) more agility - applying Agile principles to your specific needs and culture; (2) more stability - with 30+ years in business, incredibly low turnover, and a reputation for doing the right thing; and (3) an ability to see below the surface - in our recruiting, our consulting, and everything we do. It’s how we’ve become one of the top 25 staffing firms in the U.S. and the go-to partner for some of the toughest development projects our clients face. Visit matrixres.com for more information.
Russ Danford, VP of Strategic Technology and Marketing