Job Title: Wireless Construction Trainer
Location: Houston, TX 77032
- This role will be an integral portion of the technical training team in providing industry leading training and certification for our construction teams. This individual will ensure that all team members are safely performing work in a manner consistent with safety industry standards and when working on cellular communication sites.
- Perform ILT (Instructor Led Training) at multiple locations for Self-Perform Crews, New Hires, and contractors
- Conduct OJT (On the Job training) visits to train crews, foremen and related field staff promoting Safety, Quality and Production
- Create relevant Training Bulletins and Methods of Procedure (MOP's)
- Work with the Director of Technical Training and other trainers to develop pro-active production-based skills
- Implement, interact and maintain active communication processes with Operations Management
- Conduct classroom training of company personnel and subcontractor’s personnel to ensure compliance with MasTec Network Solutions (MNS) policies
- Assign web-based training and verify employee training is up to date
- Obtain all training certificates for all Instructor Lead training classes
- Forecast future training
- Ensure implementation and tracking of in-house training programs
- Continuing education – Work to improve skill sets for self-development and advancement
Required Job Skills:
- 5+ Years in the telecommunications tower industry
- Spanish bi-Lingual candidates are a must.
- Estimated travel minimum sixty percent
- Must have actual hands on physical experience climbing, building, troubleshooting wireless communication sites
- Must be willing to climb to heights for training purposes and in the field OJT training
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be in good physical condition with ability to pull combined weight of body and equipment up a vertical
- Must be comfortable climbing to various heights, able to bend, squat, twist and sit for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid vehicle driver’s license and driving record that meets criteria outlined in the MasTec Network Solutions (MNS) vehicle policy
- Must have valid authorization to work in the US
- A self-starter mentality, yet extremely team oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Personable with the ability to establish strong relationships with strong presentation skills.
- Strong professional communication skills across all media types, both internally and externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Strong organizational and time management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Be a positive reinforcement to the MNS workforce
- Possess the ability to be a coach and mentor to other employees
- Current or previous certification in Fall Protection Instructor, Rescue/ CPR Instructor, Rigging instructor
- Bi-lingual in Spanish or Russian. If bi-lingual, candidate must be proficient in reading and writing the language
- OSHA 500, 510 and 501 certification
- NWSA Practical Examiner certification
Education: Associate Degree or equivalent telecom experience