Position: Windows System Administrator
Location: Remote in US
Term: 5 Months - Multiple openings
Our client seeks a Senior Windows System Administrator for a remote contract opportunity. The Sr. Windows System Administrator will support high availability production systems in a very large enterprise level environment with multiple global datacenters. The candidate will work closely with network, application, and middleware teams to support Windows based product installations, customizations, and deployments. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Windows operating system support including software updates and upgrades, performance management and capacity planning for the Windows environment. Familiarity with scripting technologies such as Visual Basic and/or PowerShell is preferred.
Experience with web servers, databases, networks, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is desired. The Senior Windows System Administrator is responsible for day to day operational troubleshooting. Off-shift coverage will be required for on-call support of systems and maintenance work in approved change windows. The ability to write Powershell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus. To be successful in this position, the candidate must also display demonstrated teaming skills, written and oral communication skills, and formal documentation skills.
- Proficient in administrating and maintaining all currently supported Windows operating systems including updates, upgrades and performance and capacity management.
- Experience gathering requirements and plan and implement system solutions for a Windows platform to meet customer requirements.
- Day to day operational support and on-call support of systems and maintenance work in approved change windows
- Must be able to work nights and weekends during scheduled maintenance windows
- Operational experience with supporting Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, and 2008 R2 in an Enterprise environment
- Powershell scripting desired
- Windows server patching, security configurations, vulnerability scans, remediation and audits.
- VMWare experience highly desired - experience with vCenter, guest VM deployments, templates, datastores
- Experience working within an enterprise ticketing system - incidents, requests, change control - preferably Service-Now
- Knowledgeable with Active Directory, permissions, group policies
- Experience with DNS, and DHCP administration
- Experience with Infoblox or other IPAM solution necessary
- Knowledge of SAN/Storage technologies
- Experience with enterprise administration and tools helpful
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a large-scale, enterprise environment providing operational support by building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows O/S servers
- At least 3-5 years experience in managing Microsoft Active Directory to include support of file services, and DNS/DHCP, and OU management.
- At least 3-5 years experience in managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Window Server 2012, Windows server 2016.
- At least 2 years experience in working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMWare).
- At least 2 years experience in utilizing VB/Powershell to automate common functions.
- Must demonstrate a detail oriented work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to track and administer several tasks concurrently
- Strong change management and ITIL background
- Microsoft certifications
- VMware certifications
- ITIL certification
- Bachelor Degree (BS/Computer Science)