Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Accessible User Experience Specialist
Location: San Francisco, CA; Concord, CA; Tempe, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Philadelphia, PA
Term: 12 months+
- Lead complex initiatives for user accessibility outcomes for the Accessible User Experience group.
- Identify the modeling and all risk management including compliance with all federal and state laws for accessibility for all users.
- Review and analyze complex business and operational objectives that require in-depth evaluation.
- Complete work in accordance with all risk management, compliance and business process expectations.
- Make decisions requiring solid understanding of policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
- Conduct due diligence and portfolio administration as necessary, and provide in-depth research on relevant industry trends.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and mid-level to more experienced managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- May lead projects, teams or serve as a peer mentor
- Actively use mobile devices to test accessibility on mobile applications to ensure usability for customers with sight, hearing, of physical disabilities
- Ensure all applications meet WCAG standards
- Perform Quality Control functions to ensure coding from Aria is correct
- Record how applications interact with screen readers and color contrast analyzers and note findings
- Demonstrate how accessibility functions should interact with end users and log defects as found
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 A & AA for Android, iPhone, Windows tablets, and iPads NOT LOOKING FOR 508 Standard (Government) Need JAWS Screen reader, TalkBack, NVDA Zoom Text, Color Contracting.
- Experience accessibility testing native mobile applications on iOS & Android.
- Experience accessibility testing web-based applications on Windows desktop and MAC.
- International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP) Certified.
- 6+ years of experience in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, 2.1 or combination of both.
- 6+ years of experience as part of an in-house development team or design agency consulting to Fortune 500 clients.
- Expert level using a defect tracking tool such as JIRA.
- Expert level user of various (at least one) assistive technologies such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, TalkBack.
- Experience using accessibility testing tools such as AMP (Accessibility Management Platform), Continuum, Wave or WorldSpace/aXe, & V-PAT.
- Ability to convey issues to developers and technical partners verbally & in writing to include use of ARIA for web technologies such as HTML &mobile platforms.
- Excellent verbal, written, & interpersonal communication skills.
- 5+ years of Graphic or Website Design experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- IAAP WAS Certified (nice but not required)