- Function: Network Design / Infrastructure / Support
- Job Ref: 237539
We are looking for an experienced VMware Administrator with core knowledge of VMware 6.0 or higher using Virtual Center for administration and network layer-2 responsibilities. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate technical experience with daily activities in the field of Server Hardware and Networking. Candidates should be well versed in Planning, Implementation, Administration and troubleshooting issues involved with platforms across a variety of OS servers including Microsoft Windows and Red Hat.
• Bachelor’s degree is desired but not required.
• VMware Certified Professional and MCP are desired but not required.
• Support large scale VMware Environment.
• Layer 2 support of multi-site Data Centers.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience working with VMware production environment.
• Ideally 2+ years of Network Layer-2 in a production environment.
• Experience/Exposure with SDN or ACI environment.
• Previous experience managing, setting up, and administration of storage/VMware clusters.
• Experience with Enterprise backup solutions, Commvault experience a plus.
• Administer, monitor, and manage large-scale production environments.
• Implement automated procedures for deployments of services, configuration, infrastructure.
• Work with engineering teams to design and implement application operational procedures and processes on existing and new data center environments/projects.
• Support migration from legacy VM Environments to modern VM architecture standards.
• Repair and perform preventative maintenance on systems, including major patches and updates, resolve vulnerabilities and monitor for EOL of products.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Expert understanding of networking concepts, (i.e., Configuration of network layer-2, TCP/IP, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel virtual networking, HCI-Hyperconverged Infrastructure and SDI-Software Defined Infrastructure.
• Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance connectivity and related network problems.
• Install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere environment: vCenter, App-V, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), virtual machines, datastore creation and maintenance.
• Configure vSphere Distributed Switch (VDS), VMware Distributed Resource Scheduling, High availability, and Fault Tolerance.
• Provide advance troubleshooting support and problem resolution of the entire Virtualization Infrastructure with various OS platforms such as Microsoft 2016, 2019, 2022 & Linux (Red Hat and Oracle).
• Ensure ongoing operation of systems/applications through troubleshooting, scheduling/monitoring jobs and technology-related business processes, and end user support as needed.
• Understanding of Storage Architecture, SAN environment and Health-performance-optimization monitoring of virtualized architecture.
• Understanding of security best practices for multi-tiered operating systems.
• Technical written and verbal communication skills (technical writing) are a plus.
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment. Willingness to learn and take on new projects.
• Good customer service skills.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Apply to MATRIX today!
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.