Would you enjoy contributing to the complete redesign of a global company website, the development of a new design system, and the future state of digital design?
If you would, we have the job for you!
Our client is seeking a UX Web Designer for a potential contract-to-hire opportunity in Addison, TX. This position will work under the direction of the Manager Web Design and the guidance of the Lead Web Designer.
As part of a new and growing team, the UX Designer will have the opportunity to flex skills through a vast range of projects. In this role, the UX Designer will be called upon to help influence and contribute to the creative digital growth through the design and creation of thoughtful, memorable, and impactful user experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This candidate excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies, and ability to transform a sketch into a visual and functional design masterpiece is a must. This position will support the enhancement of the global brand image and meet marketing and sales objectives.
• Conceptualizes, develops and produces complex, functional, original UX/UI visual/interaction designs for multiple website platforms, native mobile apps, emails and more.
• Collaborates on user experience planning with in-house agency, IT, Corporate Communications, research/testing/data analytics, developers, and third-party vendors.
• Produces wireframes, mockups, clickable prototypes, sketches and written specifications.
• Executes and revises final visual and interaction designs in collaboration with developers.
• Elicits constructive feedback from stakeholders and interprets that feedback into practical and creative design solutions.
• Manages workload for multiple projects and job schedules.
• Continually researches, understands, analyzes and reports on industry trends in technology, devices, and various digital opportunities.
• Consulting with product and technical leads to understand constraints, limitations, and ability to challenge boundaries.
• 3+ of user experience design experience for web, mobile applications and software which leverage emergent technologies.
• Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of WAI - Web Accessibility Initiative and WCAG - Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
• Working knowledge of web and mobile design patterns and modern user experiences.
• Fluency in design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision; fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud tool suite.
• Excellent understanding of color, typography, layout and iconography.
• Experience working closely with developers using agile methodologies preferred; experience in JIRA a plus.
• Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects at the same time.
• Ability to create visual design comps as well as wire frames and other user experience artifacts as needed.
• Ability to present ideas with passion and confidence is a must.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in arts, design, computer science, new media design or related design field.
• Strong visual design portfolio is required.
• Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and Rapid Prototyping tools is a plus.
• Agency background, global work experience and understanding of product marketing is a plus.