Houston energy company is hiring for contract Unix Engineers. The Engineer supports systems design, implementation, and performance optimization and administration of a Unix environment consisting of 1000+ servers including IBM Aix, Redhat and Suse Linux, and Solaris 10 and 11 servers.
This role will require 2 days a week onsite in the Houston downtown offices.
- Responsible for Redhat 6.x, 7.x and 8.x Linux systems administration as well as Satellite and Suse Mgr for deployment of OS and patches
- Advanced knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud environments and setting up and maintain Redhat servers in the cloud
- Advanced knowledge of IBM and Aix 7.x operating system
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 operating system
- Responsible for working with vendors to diagnose and correct issues with hardware such as IBM P980, Oracle T7-2 and T4-1s
- Responsible for generating Ansible scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources.
- Responsible for the maintenance of enterprise applications such as PowerVM, Perl, korn shell, kubenetics and docker, podman, and Python
- Responsible for gathering system requirements working together with application architects and owners.
- Experience with applications such as Rancher, RedHat Openshift container, Terraform, and cloud technologies highly desired
- Understanding and advanced knowledge of Operating systems and servers running large oracle databases and applications such as SAP and SAP Hana
- Understanding of SAN concepts and familiarity with large arrays like Pure systems and to a lesser degree Netapp
- Maintain and document Unix system administration tools and procedures.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.