• Develop and maintain UI components, Widgets, Micro-Frontends using a mix of Angular & React with modern standards for HTML & CSS and adhering to established engineering standards.
• Craft high quality software with working functional and non-functional tests while collaborating with API developers on the API contracts.
• Contribute common components to internal common libraries to promote reuse.
• Peer review code written by other colleagues and provide constructive feedback to help drive overall code quality.
• Actively participate in Agile ceremonies, understand and challenge requirements, provide estimates and collaborate with others team members as needed to deliver assigned scope.
• A background in creating high-quality web-based user interfaces. An understanding of how to ensure these interfaces are easy to navigate, linkable, responsive and accessible. Practical experience of test driven development and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment.
• Some experience of server side programming, preferably using Python Flask or Django. An understanding of REST principles and associated technologies
• Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
The ideal candidate will also have:
• 3+ years of Angular development experience.
• Behavior Driven Development, particularly experience of how it can be used to define requirements in a collaborative manner, ensure that the team builds the right thing and create a system of living documentation
• Knowledge gained in Financial Services environments, for example products, instruments, trade lifecycles, regulation, risk, financial reporting or accounting
• Knowledge of Hadoop and associated Big Data technologies
• Experience of older UI technologies e.g. GWT, JSF, Spring MVC, etc.
• Preferably a computing degree, but this is not essential.