Title: Test Engineer
Term: 4 Months
Location: Everett, WA
Long term contract opportunity in Everett, WA for a Test Engineer.
- Design/assemble test fixtures and lead a small team of technicians and possible other engineers to execute static/abuse/cycle testing of airplane closets, galleys, lavatories and other aircraft interior monuments in a noisy, light industrial environment.
- Hands-on job that can occasionally be physically intense.
- An expectation to assist technicians with test setups while doing any coordinating necessary to complete testing on time.
- Will be aware of all aspects of a specific program and will be a source of knowledge about what needs to be achieved in order to succeed.
- Priorities are constantly changing as due dates move so the ability to adjust on the fly is crucial. Long hours and tight schedules are not unexpected.
- Experience with 3D modeling and drafting (Unigraphics (preferred), Catia, Solidworks).
- Experience with designing/fabricating standard plates, bracket, etc in steel/aluminum/wood.
- Experience with writing programs in Labview.
- Experience writing Test Plans/Reports.
- Experience with reading/interpreting/executing test plans written by others.
- Experience with simple electronics for cycle test execution.
- Able to convey general instructions to technicians in order to achieve daily tasks.
- Able to communicate and work with design/stress engineers to help design test fixtures and execute tests.
- Experience with hydraulic, simple pneumatic and simple electrical systems.
- Capable of troubleshooting hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical issues.
- Comfortable working with hand and power tools (grinders, saws, impacts, drills, etc.).
- Experience with fabrication work (mechanical: carpentry and/or metalworking).
- General Assembly of Parts
- Manual Lathe
- Manual Mill
- Chop Saw/Table Saw/Band Saw
- Other woodworking tools
- Other metalworking tools
- Previous static/abuse/cycle testing experience (specifically aerospace).
- Experience with rigging.
- Experience with bridge and gantry cranes.
- Experience with using torque wrenches, calipers, and other precision measuring equipment.
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.