Rate: $90 - $100/hr w2
MATRIX is seeking a Cloud Automation Engineer for our client headquartered in Harrisburg Pennsylvania (position is remote). This role will be part of the project team delivering applications sitting on top of the AWS cloud platform. Our client is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach and other student aid programs. You will facilitate collaboration, sharing, and cross-pollination of skills with other engineers, product owners, designers, testers, and business units in order to overcome challenges, increase product quality, and optimize workflows.
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps, SRE, Software Development or an equivalent field.
- A history of collaboration with development, operations, UX, design and business units within an organization.
- 2+ years’ experience working with AWS.
- An expert in code deployment tools (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, and Chef).
- Experience working with Jenkins, Git and Other CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Redshift would be ideal.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively support operational teams and other stakeholder teams to maintain business continuation and maintain customer satisfaction
- Identify engineering defects in the existing code base and constantly improve the code quality
- Automate monitoring tools to monitor system health and reliability to support high uptime requirements
- Automate infrastructure in Amazon Web Services with Terraform and Ansible
- Automate backup and restoration processes and test the recovery of those backups on a regular basis
- Define and implement efficient end-to-end provisioning of automation solutions
- Build CI/CD pipeline configurations to orchestrate provisioning and deployment of both large and small scale systems
- Performs code reviews.
- Hands on experience of installing &configuring Windows servers and Linux servers
- Support DevOps operations by integrating developed IaC and CaC into CICD pipeline builds
- Review/Modify Configuration Item Configuration Document (CICD) to ensure they are accurate in both execution and scope from an IaC / CaC perspective.
- Provide support in validating and verifying requirements, requirements analysis and decomposition, requirements test/verification/validation, and reporting.
- Provide systems engineering requirements to ensure that technical and operational requirements are achievable and being satisfied with the proposed technologies.
- Write other non-templated documentation as needed to support tasks like: process and procedures documents for operational support, lessons learned, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, hardware integration test plans and results.
- Develop documentation utilizing enterprise standardized templates including: Installation and Configuration Guides, white papers, design and engineering plans.
- Ensures the adherence to standards, policies and procedures