Position Title: Telecommunications Network Installation Technician
Job Location: Portland, OR Region
Permanent / Direct Hire.
Our long-standing client, a tier 1 telecommunications service provider, is seeking a permanent, direct hire Network Installation Technician for its Field Services division. As a Network Installation Technician you will work as part of a small team on a wide range of central office network and equipment installation projects.
The company is a very well established and stable company with expanding projects and growth. That have a proven track record of consistently promoting from within as well as providing great stable career paths and benefits for their employees.
As a Telecommunications Installation Technician II, you need to have some familiarity in navigating the CO or Data Center (DC) environment. This role will have some local travel within the Portland metro area to client sites in the geography, but no overnight travel is expected.
- Participation in the installation of a variation of OEM equipment
- Reading and following detail specifications, from CDs, drawings, blueprints, schematics, and Methods of Procedures (MOPs) as instructed by job site leads.
- Managing the installation and servicing of telecommunications equipment from multiple Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), as instructed by job site leads.
- Follow directions in the installation of:
- Fiber optic cable
- AC/DC power and testing practices
- Cable trays
- Aux channel
- Equipment racks
- Horizontal & Vertical Pathways
- Assist in the resolution of equipment and technical issues as they arise
- Follow critical directions to label, measure and terminate routing cables, that supply signal, AC or DC power or transmit data in various technical spaces
- Support the requirements needed by Client contacts, Project Managers, and other subcontractors
- Assist in the performance of quality validation on in-progress and completed work as directed by site leads
- Experience working in a CO or data center environment. Installation and/or troubleshooting experience is strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge and experience with transport equipment including Ciena, Fujitsu, Cisco, Calix, Adtran, Nortel, Nokia, etc.
- Background in fiber optic cable and AC/DC power installation and testing practices
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation.
- Good mechanical aptitude including usage of basic power tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of tools (Power Point/Excel /Word/Outlook)
- BSEE/BSEET/Associates Degree or equivalent work experience