Position Title: Telecommunications Installation Technician II
Job Location: (Portland OR)
A Tier 1 client is seeking a Telecommunications Installation Technician II for its Field Services division to assist in the support of a wide variety of Central Office (CO) activities. As a Telecommunications Installation Technician II, you need to have some familiarity in navigating the CO or Data Center (DC) environment. The individual may have done some installation activities; however, they do not have enough experience to work on site without supervision.
The individual would have worked in a CO, DC or in a Cell Site environment and have familiarity with but may or may not have perform any physical installation work. They may have work in a troubleshooting, maintenance, or technical support capacity, and have had to perform point to point fiber, or data cable connections tracing and or installation.
The individual must have excellent attention to detail, communication, collaboration, and time management skills. In addition, they must excel in a team environment. They must also be familiar with navigating the protocols of COs, Mobile Switching Center (MSC), and Data Center. There are also geographical travel requirements to multiple customer locations for this role and therefore, the individual must have the flexibility as such.
- Follow critical directions from senior installers such as L3 or L4 Leads
- Participation in the installation of a variation of OEM equipment
- Paying close attention to critical instructions while performing installation functions
- Reading and following detail specifications, from CDs, drawings, blueprints, schematics, and Methods of Procedures (MOPs) as instructed by job site leads, i.e. L3 or L4
- Managing the installation and servicing of telecommunications equipment from multiple Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), as instructed by job site leads i.e. L3 or L4
- E.g., Ciena, Fujitsu, Cisco, Calix, Adtran, Nortel, Nokia, etc.
- Follow directions in the installation of:
- Fiber optic cable
- AC/DC power and testing practices
- Cable trays
- Aux channel
- Equipment racks
- Horizontal & Vertical Pathways
- Assist in the resolution of equipment and technical issues as they arise
- Follow critical directions to label, measure and terminate routing cables, that supply signal, AC or DC power or transmit data in various technical spaces
- Support the requirements needed by Client contacts, Project Managers, and other subcontractors
- Assist in the performance of quality validation on in-progress and completed work as directed by site leads, i.e. L3 or L4
- Four (4) + years of experience working in a CO, DC, MSC or Cell Site environment
- Three (3) + years of experience troubleshooting, maintaining, or providing technical support in a CO, DC, MSC or Cell Site environment
- Two (2) years of central office equipment installation experience preferred
- Clear understanding of AT&T, Telcordia, and/or Verizon Quality Standards
- Basic knowledge and experience with transport equipment including Ciena, Fujitsu, Cisco, Calix, Adtran, Nortel, Nokia, etc.
- Background in fiber optic cable and AC/DC power installation and testing practices
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation.
- Good mechanical aptitude including usage of basic power tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of tools (Power Point/Excel /Word/Outlook)
- Demonstrated proficient in the use of IOS and/or Android applications
- BSEE/BSEET/Associates Degree or equivalent work experience