Position Title: Telecommunication Installation IV/Lead
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
A Tier 1 client is seeking a Telecommunications Installation Lead for its Field Services division to lead a team of less senior Technicians while performing a wide variety of Central Office (CO) activities. As a Telecommunications Installation Lead, you need to be versed in installation activities, from intermediate to advanced system work. It includes installing and servicing telecommunications equipment from multiple Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
The individual should have AT&T CO or MSC specific experience and be proficient in telecommunications industry standards; Example, AT&T TP-76300/76400/Telcordia GR-1275 and or Verizon IP72202 Iss 5-1 core standards. This individual should also be versed in reading and interpreting detail specifications, CDs, drawings, blueprints, schematics, and Methods of Procedures (MOPs).
The individual must have excellent attention to detail, communication, collaboration, and time management skills. In addition, they must excel in a team environment. They must also be familiar with navigating the protocols of COs, Mobile Switching Center (MSC), and Data Centers. There are also geographical travel requirements to multiple customer locations for this role.
- Lead a Team and a variation of installation projects
- Receives and analyzes input document from customer, paying close attention to critical dates and detailed information supplied
- Reading and interpreting detail specifications, CDs, drawings, blueprints, schematics, and Methods of Procedures (MOPs)
- Managing the installation and servicing of telecommunications equipment from multiple OEMs including Ciena, Fujitsu, Cisco, Calix, Adtran, Nortel, Nokia, etc.
- Manage the installation of:
- Fiber optic cable
- AC/DC power and testing practices
- Cable trays
- Aux channel
- Equipment racks
- Horizontal & Vertical Pathways
- Manage and resolve equipment and technical issues as they arise
- Identify, label, measure and terminate routing cables
- Manage the interaction and communications with Client contacts, Project Managers and other subcontractors
- Perform quality validation on in-progress and completed work
- Complete operations paperwork (e.g., expense reports, timesheets, job documentation etc.) including daily job status reports as requested
- Six (8) + years of experience working in a CO environment
- Six (6) + years leading a team
- Four (4) + years of experience as a CO, MSC or Data Center Installer
- Three (3) + years of experience reviewing and reading Construction Drawings (CDs), drawings, blueprints, schematics
- Three (3) + years performing CO MOP reviews
- Three (3) + years managing Job Status Reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of tools (Power Point/Excel /Word/Outlook)
- Demonstrated proficient in the use of IOS and/or Android applications
- BSEE/BSEET/Associates Degree or equivalent work experience