Position: Technology Support Specialist
Location: Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Term: 4 months
- Performs daily routine technical support.
- Consults with the supervisor for task prioritization and effectively applies technical knowledge.
- Specializes in one or more areas, including support center/technology support, networking, telecommunications, help desk, and technology certification.
- Assists others in the technology department, as needed.
- Under direct supervision, provide after-hours service for escalated issues from the National Help Desk or supervisor.
- Assist with the deployment of hardware and software to clients (including the installation, configuration, and testing of basic firm hardware).
- Assist with new hire processing (account requests, verification, basic equipment configuration).
- Perform basic software troubleshooting and hardware triage support. Assist with the equipment and set-up for conference/meeting facilities, as directed.
- Assist with off-site support for client functions/meetings.
- Handle minor administrative functions such as moving and delivering equipment to clients.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as changing passwords.
- Handle minor functions such as moves, adds, changes, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries concerning support requests, systems status, and network connectivity. Resolve hardware and software problems for firm-standard hardware/software.
- Record inquiries, and repair/service requests. Diagnose problems through research, isolation, and resolution steps using automated systems via Remedy.
- Report problems with procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
- Escalate to or consult with senior staff when a solution is unclear.
- Coordinate, track, and maintain inventory, including software and documentation upgrades, distributions, and licenses.
- Process firmwide requests for software and documentation.
- Track software licenses to ensure that the firm does not violate its agreements, and work with Purchasing and Contracts departments regarding software licensing and maintenance issues.
- Coordinate mass distributions, including on-site software duplication and documentation reproduction. Make recommendations to management regarding update and maintenance processes.
- Perform administrative duties, as required.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
2 years of experience in technical support with working knowledge of a functional specialty.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skill.