This nationwide industry leader has a 6+ month contract opportunity in Coppell, TX for a Technical Writer. This position requires working in the office Monday - Thursday with the ability to work remotely from Friday. There is some additional flexibility depending on what is being documented and who is being interviewed. Will be responsible for researching products, services, technology concepts, and applications to be documented for audience consumption. The end-product will be the creation of the Application Library, a documented collection of all applications and services in use throughout the company and their purpose. The library will not only serve as a historical record of apps created but also as a resource made available to newly hired application development personnel to quickly onboard. The Technical Writer will interview and collaborate with the Application Architect to develop this library. Interview methods may consist of face-to-face, phone, email, and chat conversations to convey concepts. Design discussion may involve technical protocols, reference architectures and accompanying diagrams, development libraries and tools, as well as containerization, cloud platforms, and their implementation.
• Collaborate with subject-matter experts on presentation of specialized topics
• Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest reader comprehension
• Analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure, application, and form documentation
• Review and/or copyedit content
• Expected to work multiple documentation workstreams
• Participates in other assigned projects as required
• Bachelor’s Degree (IT focused preferred)
• Proven experience as technical writer
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel, MS Word), Visio, and similar tools
• Understanding of application development methodologies
• Familiarity with operating systems like Windows, Linux, and MS SQL Server database systems
• Operates with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize workloads to meet demands
• Knowledge of Power BI and Python is a plus.
• Honesty & Integrity – Conducts business ethically with a commitment to excellence.
• Interpersonal & People Skills – Gains the trust and respect of executive management and departmental heads.
• Excellent Communication Skills – Master communicator capable to translating complex ideas to various audiences.
• Highly Organized & Multi-tasking – Possessor of effective time management skills.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.