Our client is seeking full time Technical Support Supervisors in Oklahoma City, OK.
Supervises end-user support team members and the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems. Plans, prioritizes, and schedules edge of network and messaging support activities to ensure continuity of service. Ensures that edge of network and messaging support team members use the ticketing system or other software so that activities and performance can be monitored. Analyzes requests to identify recurring user problems, recommends solutions, and identifies areas where service can be improved. Develops problem solving guidelines, checklists, or other materials to assist the team to respond to user problems.
Shifts may include early mornings, evenings and/or weekends as required to meet business objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises team members and maintains daily end user and elevated support for client desktop issues through various ticketing systems including daily issues with any messaging or mobile device application.
- Plans and coordinates development and support activities for respective areas to include problem resolution and management, application maintenance, project requests and system enhancements.
- Works with management to set priorities for work and build cross functional teams.
- Tracks projects or tasks to keep on schedule and adjusts resource allocation based on work prioritization. Conducts weekly project reviews with team members.
- Provide first and second level technical support, which includes centralized incident and request handling for customers with a focus on first call resolution; use best practices for incident management including detailed ticket documentation, and application of analytical skills to identify root cause and quickly determine the resolution.
- Diagnose, triage, and escalate incidents and requests to appropriate tier 3 and tier 4 assignee and/or team. Respond to incidents, requests for service, and questions within required response times.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues on multiple operating systems including, but not limited to Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, iOS, and Android.
- Provide on-site and remote technical support using tools for standard configurations of workstations, laptops, operating systems, software, hardware, printers, and peripherals.
- Assist in system upgrades and maintenance, including, but not limited to, add and/or remove memory, hard drives, video cards and power supplies.
- Responsible for configuring, provisioning and supporting various mobile devices and mobile device platforms.
- Work to develop an understanding of standard issues and assist in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation and processes.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and standards, as aligned.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate and assigned.
- Follow personnel and department policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and coordinate issues as needed through the Human Resources department.
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS or ABILITIES / BEHAVIOR)
- Proven team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills.
- Provide excellent customer service using active listening and communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently and autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple issues at one time with exceptional follow through.
- Experience working in cross functional roles and culturally sensitive environments.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with an aptitude for identifying, analyzing, and resolving common technical issues, questions and problems that occur in desktops, mobile devices, operating systems, software, hardware, and peripherals.
- Exhibits an energetic attitude that promotes teamwork, integrity, and results.
- An aptitude for identifying, analyzing, and resolving common technical issues, questions, and problems that occur in workstations, mobile devices, operating systems, software, hardware, and peripherals.
- Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position, including the ability to speak well in basic professional situations (may include communication via telephone or in person).
- Provide coaching and mentorship to Service Desk and Desktop Support Technicians as a subject matter expert.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Degree in computer science or a related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in CompTIA, Apple macOS, Microsoft Windows or Cisco are preferred.
- ITIL Foundation preferred.
- 5 years practical experience in a Desktop Support role or combination of work experience and education
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, hardware platforms and desktop imaging, including, but not limited to PC and MAC.
- As pertaining to Asset Management, maintain workstation inventory, which includes tracking the status of IT assets for End Users; Laptops, Desktops and all peripherals. Create inventory reports upon request. Forecast and plan laptop & desktop refreshes based on predetermined hardware lifecycles.
- Active Directory, Networking, and Telecommunications combination of background or experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Requirements: Those required in a typical office environment including sitting most of the time, finger dexterity for computer and paperwork, talking to convey detailed or important instructions, average hearing for normal conversations, and average visual acuity. Lifting and maneuvering of supplies, materials, or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Working Conditions: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10% (Ability to travel as needed to meet business requirements)