Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientPosition: Technical Project Manager-Infrastructure
Location: Dallas, TX 75201
Term: 11 Months
IT Project Manager - Infrastructure
5-7 years experience
This is an Infrastructure PM position. Must have worked hands-on as a Network / Server and / or Telecom Engineer. Must have ability to create technical diagrams working with technical Infrastructure team. PM skills are required with a solid understanding of how to run a project.
Manages one or more cross-functional projects located within the infrastructure department of medium to high complexity from beginning to end. Communicates and collaborates well with others in a matrix organizational structure. Ability to learn and adhere to HF Sinclair processes to ensure project artifacts and deliverables are following HF Sinclair standards. Ability to document requirements and create diagrams related to Infrastructure and security environments. Understands how to coordinate with infrastructure vendors to schedule / unblock delays and able to take on this level of detailed work for the project team if needed. Leads assigned IT PMO projects under minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate history of being a network/server/telecom engineer in the past and /or as a coordinator in Infrastructure in some on-hand capacity. Technical writing / experience with creating diagrams and technical documentation is required. In this role, the PM would be working with the engineer in infrastructure to help create these types of project documentation or may need to coordinate scheduling with vendors.
The PMO IT Project Manager for Infrastructure will work with project team to implement best in-class equipment, applications and enhancements. Responsible for organizing and facilitating status update, presentations, project schedule, financial reporting and risk management. Project manager would use project management skills to work with the team to provide project deliverables, identify project risks, organize workshops and training venues. Some projects will be companywide, large projects that require appropriate levels of communication and task coordination to ensure projects are delivered with quality. Understand the triple constraints of a project and how to control project scope, cost and schedule.
A background showing 5-7 years managing multiple Infrastructure and security projects with the below experience:
* Managing a multi-disciplinary team across functional work streams.
* Proven experience managing implementation projects with task/work responsibility shared across multiple system integrators.
* Proven experience leading Infrastructure and security projects that could be business facing.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
* Ultimately responsible for partnering with Infrastructure management to uphold the project scope and objectives. Able to handle the coordination with vendor to help take the load off of the project team and communicate information accurately to project team.
* Responsible for using Project Management best practice to guide a project with the stakeholders and/or business. Serves as documentation Infrastructure analyst that understand how to use Visio and create diagrams.
* Deliver projects on budget with desired outcomes. Will utilize skills to forecast financials of project to effectively communicate any variance to sponsor and required management.
* Able to articulate problems, bring the right people together to solve problems of the project and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed-all this with the proper sense of urgency that the problem requires.
* Conduct weekly status reviews with project team and works with project team to obtain updates for weekly status reporting and PowerPoint presentations to include updates on timeline, health of project indicators, accomplishments, and planned items coming-up.
* Maintain project governance with regular status meetings and reports, stand-ups and/or review sessions to keep team organized and moving forward to successful project closure.
* Screens projects for risks, actions, issues, decisions, financial viability, and opportunities for sustainable improvement. Understands the end to end impact along with cross functional impact. Formulates and implements solutions.
* Project may involve working with multiple vendors and making sure vendor PM aligns to HF Sinclair deliverables, SOW, invoicing, and timeline.
* Works with Financial Analyst to performs validation on financial-related reporting and liaises with project leadership about budget, forecast, accruals and reclassifications that may need to occur on project.
* With input from project leadership updates project forecast, submits accruals and reclassifications to maintain project financial standards.
* Monitors project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility with delivery lead.
* Develop a detailed project plan/schedule to track progress.
* Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
* Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
* Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
* Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
* Create, maintain, and store project documentation and records.
* Responsible for defining, teaching, and enforcing the use of good project management practices with project team.
* Excellent communicator that understands frequent, consistent communication helps keep teams aligned and progressing forward with project. Respectful and upholds team dignity throughout project.
* Encourages and supports escalations: communicates to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential escalation issues. Proactively follows escalation and change control processes.
* Serves as a role model in promoting good working relationships across a project. Cultivates the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a project's stakeholders. This includes executing the proper communication and coordination of cross functional project teams to ensure seamless delivery.
* Engages in building consensus, developing contingency planning and providing recommend solutions.
* Lead project teams in strategic meetings and follow up with meeting minutes.
* Understands Software Development Lifecycle.
* Excellent organization skills.
* Ability to follow HF Sinclair Governance and utilize required formatting of PowerPoint presentations as required.
* Energy experience is a plus.
* Experience in an Information Technology Environment.
* Bachelor Degree
* Masters, a plus
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
* Self-motivated, works with appropriate urgency, friendly and assertive.
* Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
* Exceptional time management skills.
* Excellent concise writing and communication skills.
* Cool, calm, collected and collaborative. Works well under pressure, comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments. Can shift readily between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
* Develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
* Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Project.
* Ability to identify and document issues, risks and problems.
* No direct reports.
Office based, minimum travel, under 5% a year. At times, required to work in warehouse/plant environment and refinery/industrial/pipeline environment, includes but not limited to, work near moving mechanical parts and/or rotating equipment, loud noise or vibrations and varying road conditions. May be required to work outdoors and subject to all weather conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, lifting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential (inability to maintain standard insurance rates is grounds for dismissal), valid State drivers license and proof of insurance, ability to wear personal protective equipment and a respirator during emergency situations as needed (beards not permitted).
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):