Title: Technical Project Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Technical Project Manager will lead technology infrastructure, security, as well as application deployment and development efforts. He/she will manage key initiatives within IT Infrastructure initiatives for the Bank. The individual must be extremely adaptable, independent contributor, and provide overall quality control to the project. Experience in leading technology solutions is required with a firm understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies. The role collaborates to define scope, requirements, project governance, design, testing, timeline, and budget, and adheres to company PMO standards. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. The position may lead/and or direct the work of others.
- Serves as the project manager for technology security, infrastructure, and software deployment initiatives.
- Defines, leads, and manages all aspects of the project, scope, budget, financial forecasting, scheduling, resources, and quality control of work products following company’s PMO standards and governance guidelines and project management best practices.
- Develops and implements templates and standards for project deliverables and work products.
- Documents meeting minutes and decisions, and tracks and manages project risks and issues.
- Creates and presents status reports and executive dashboards on project progress and issues.
- Facilitates impact analyses of current/existing technologies on the program.
- May contribute and/or lead vendor relationship management for project-related vendors; supports enterprise vendor management standards and coordinates initial contracts, contract renewals, and addenda to contracts with key project vendors.
- Supports management in data gathering for regulatory and third party reviews.
- Complies with the Bank’s policies and enterprise project management standards.
- Monitors project and/or program execution and escalates project issues as necessary.
- Maintains project and/or program website and database, and issue and risk tracking logs.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule
- Perform other duties when assigned
- Must have a specialized degree in either Information Technology / Computer Sciences or an Engineering field.
- PMP certification desirable
- CISSP certification desirable
- 10+ years of combined project management and technical experience.
- Formal training in project or program management
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex projects within budget and on time
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, team building, mentoring, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to communicate concisely and briefly
- Previous experience in:
- Information technology and information systems
- IT security and infrastructure projects
- Advanced in MS Office, MS Visio, and MS Project
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise and with external vendors
- Ability to work independently and with minimum direction
- Ability to multi-task and respond to with multiple priorities.
- Strong understanding of Agile and Waterfall
Preferred Technical working knowledge with the following products:
- Apache Kafka
- AWS Cloud
- RHEL Linux
- Middleware Technologies: Appian Flightpath, Google Apigee
- MS Windows / SQL Server
- File Transfer Technologies: Seeburger
- Dev tool stack (GitHub/Jenkins
- General Networking