Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Software Delivery Manager to join their team for a contract-to-hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Software Delivery Manager
Term: 6+ months, contract-to-hire
Location: Remote, USA
To be eligible to convert to a FTE of the client, you must reside in NC or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or other relevant field with a technical focus.
- 6 years of hands on development and/or systems analysis experience is required.
- Experience must include managing projects or project portfolios in an IT organization.
- Solid experience with the software development process is required, including requirements gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Tech PM skills in software is required.
- Experience with healthcare payer IT.
- Experience with a variety or software development and project management methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to apply seasoned judgment to facilitate informed decision making in difficult situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills at all levels, including senior leadership.
- Strong customer service orientation to both our internal and external customers.
- Excellent consultative and relationship management skills.
- Strong informal leadership skills as well as the ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- Highly organized with the ability to work in an environment where the ability to effectively multi-task is often needed.
- Project management certification preferred.
- Serve as single technical coordination point for large, multiple and/or complex projects and initiatives for IT.
- Serve as primary interface to key business areas and stakeholders and provide matrixed leadership to project team members by facilitating planning, leading and tracking progress, and reporting issues and status to IT management and business areas.
- Lead the planning and evaluation of technical work related to assigned projects and review progress on an ongoing basis. Provide oversight and coordination of all project related technical activities and work streams of work products across IT during the systems development lifecycle (SDLC) to ensure that high quality solutions are delivered according to the agreed-to schedule. This includes, but is not limited to, design, development and testing activities.
- Lead matrixed resources and facilitate, support, motivate and challenge project teams. Serve as a single point of contact for IT leaders regarding communications for assigned projects, including status reports and issue escalation as needed.
- Proactively identify and remediate risks to projects due to IT resources, procedures, and processes and notify IT management of these risks and possible solutions.
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original schedules or scope; determine the impact to IT and recommend approval or alternative approaches.
- Create, with input from the project team, the IT portion of the project implementation plan and back-out plan; work with the project manager to coordinate this plan with other areas of IT and key business areas.
- Operate with substantial latitude for unreviewed actions and independent decision making.