Seeking a Technical Support Specialist for a contract to hire opportunity in San Antonio, TX.
This person will be responsible for setup and support all of the client's employees including New Hire setups and deskside support. This Role will assist in the Management of Key IT systems and will assist in the inventorying of equipment and the tracking of assets as required. This role will take the lead position on various projects and IT initiatives and will be responsible for the outcome and success of projects.
- Setup New Hire accounts and hardware as well and offer training as needed
- Work directly with HR and hiring managers to support employee offboarding in a timely manner
- Support and maintain user accounts including rights, security, and system groups.
- PCs, MACs, printers, mobile devices, and related auxiliary systems.
- Use and mange tickets in Jira Service desk and report on issues and solutions to IT management
- Learn and use company software programs
- Troubleshoot, investigate and document system configuration and performance anomalies
- Work with vendor/internal developers to resolve all performance anomalies
- Perform functional testing, interpretation, and analysis of test results
- Responsible for the deployment of all related software and hardware
- Perform ad hoc maintenance requests
- Develop and improve documentation to support problem analysis and resolution
- Troubleshoot users’ issues and resolve problems
- As needed, and as assigned, assist with afterhours support activities.
- All other duties as assigned
- Travel as needed
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues
- Willingness to learn and self-educate
- Passion for customer service
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Work both independently and in teams as needed
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience with Google Workspace, Office 365, Conferencing equipment, and Adobe.
- Experience with Atlassian/Jira a plus!
- 4-6 Years’ experience in a technical support role
- 1 Year + Troubleshooting Network connection issues a plus!
This is a full-time position and may require long hours and may require weekend and nights work per events as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone, keyboard, reach, stoop, kneel to install computer equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required; including quarter-driven hours as business demands dictate.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.