Our client is looking for a Java Lead Developer to join their team for a 12 month contract in Irving, TX.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- Lead a team of 5-6 java developers delivering consistent results
- Ability to deliver functionality daily
- Ensure quality and maintainability of code
- Align with leadership on priorities, architecture, high level design
- Work with team members on low level design and help with implementation
- Help troubleshoot production issues.
- Self-directed with a start-up/ entrepreneur mindset
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience as a tech lead delivering consistent results with high quality
- Ability to communicate effectively to leadership as well to team members
- Ability to motivate the team to deliver results.
- Expertise in breaking down a high-level design to low-level designs for developers
- Expertise in reviewing code to ensure ‘clean code’ and good OOD practices are followed
- Expertise reviewing unit tests and integration tests comparing against requirements.
- Experience troubleshooting production issues by looking into logs, DB, services, etc.
- Ability to be available afterhours or weekends occasionally to help resolve production issues.
- Expertise in Core Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, MongoDB, Posgres, Kafka
- Expertise in TDD and BDD
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- These would be nice to haves that while not required would enhance the candidate’s chances
- SQL Server– SSIS, SSAS & SSRS
- PostgreSQL Programming
- Exposure to API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT etc.
- Exposure to Python Programming using PySpark, PyCharm, Python frameworks and libraries etc.
- Exposure to Azure cloud
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.