Our client is seeking an Application Developer Lead ( Java) for a permanent/direct hire opportunity in Richardson, TX.
Who you are: A dedicated leader who is willing to step in as a Sr. Developer to learn the company domain, business, and customers before transitioning to your leadership role.
The Team Lead’s primary responsibility is successful system delivery. Accountable for leading and managing development resources by setting clearly defined attainable goals for the team to complete projects on time, within budget, and meeting Systems Development Metric Goals in software quality. Possess high level of competency in software design and development, task estimation, resource planning and allocation, and project status tracking & reporting.
Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software applications; Represents a project team from development perspective for design sessions; Mentors junior level developers in development techniques and best practices; Creates detailed documentation that will be passed on to Maintenance to help support the new or enhanced application, job, or report; Assign, oversee, and assess developers’ work and be part of peer review team; Work with business users to understand fully the business requirements; Understand integration points to the many different systems as they relate to the project under development; Identifies data interfaces and ensures that they are integrated into project plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Lead the software development team to meet Systems Development Metric Goals.
- Provide technical leadership on core product development initiatives.
- Participate in proposal development with specific focus on the technical response sections.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for direct reports’ leadership development and career advancement.
- Understand the project resource needs and match to development pool and make project assignments.
- Monitor individual employee’s performance and provide timely performance feedback.
- Conduct scrum meetings and publish meeting minutes.
- Works with PM, Project Lead, BSA and other team members to ensure translation of business and functional requirements into systems architecture and detailed design.
- Propose technical solutions based on project scope and schedule.
- Provide development task estimates and collaborate with Planners and resource managers on project resource assignments and timely project plan updates.
- Assist PM with managing customer expectations and satisfaction.
- Participate in project kickoff meeting.
- Support development of Function Requirement Document, Business Requirement Document, Requirement Traceability Matrix, and Master Configuration Document
- Lead and produce Preliminary Design Document and Detailed Design Document.
- Lead software development and testing efforts adhering to In Process Metrics for Software Testing, Automated Unit Testing, and Static Code Analysis.
- Ensure quality of code is in compliance with coding standards.
- Comply with change control and release management policies and procedures.
- Participate in weekly project status meetings to review activities from the various functional teams and ensure efficient coordination, as well as raise issues/concerns/risks, as necessary.
- Transfer knowledge to Central Support team for post go-live software maintenance
- Provide higher-tiered technical support to production software defects
- Develop business opportunities by identifying ideas and features to be included in next release.
- Lead and produce Detailed Design Document
Skills in the following technologies:
- ESB (Fuse)
- Relational and NoSQL Database
- Python and Scala (optional)
- Object Oriented Design
- Performance Reviews/Goal Setting
- Provide input quarterly to Manager for team lead reviews
- Provide input quarterly to Manager for goal development of developers
- Provide input to Manager for team lead personal development
- Assist in providing team atmosphere for entire project staff
- New Hire Training
- Assist team lead with providing in depth project specific training information to employees/contractors hired during development phase of project
- Participate in the interview process as necessary
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience in a software development organization
- 10+ years hands-on experience in full software delivery life cycle including requirements, design, development, testing, code release cycle and implementation
- Strong track record of delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Strong technical background with object-oriented design and web application development. Working knowledge of Domain Driven Design approach is desired
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with Customers, peers and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Strong leadership with the ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving success
- Desire to be part of the high paced, high energy environment
- Have a “can-do” positive attitude and the willingness to get hands dirty
Educational Requirements: This section should specifically describe the preferred and required education a candidate would need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related discipline is required; Master’s degree desired.