- Pay 42 to 42
- Function: Accounting / Finance Professional
- Job Ref: 235228
Tax Filing Lead will process payroll tax returns, work special projects, and resolve notices for Tax Filing clients.
Year end Tax and Accounting Experience REQUIRED
Healthcare industry experience - PLUS
* Responsible for calculation P&I and abatement letter request
* Research and resolve payroll tax notices in a timely manner
* Identifies and resolves escalations or complex issues with strong emphasis to associated patterns, trends, and root cause analysis.
* Responsible for identification of issues; drive change for related improvements
* Communicates effectively with the client and internal partners regarding ongoing operations and problem solving with analysis/resolution of tax related issues
* Identify potential service delivery issues and provide input towards process improvement
* Escalate client non-compliance of processes and procedures
* Support offshoring initiatives
* Support formal internal and external audits
* Support and provide investigation on regulatory and compliance issues
* Properly research agency notices and document SOP defect
* Support testing and maintenance of tax filing software - MasterTax
* Work and support new implementation of new clients
* Identifies and implements process improvements
* Basic to Advanced understanding of payroll and tax and/or related subject matter desired
* Five years of work experience in Payroll Tax Filing
* Basic understanding of regulatory and legislative guidelines desired.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks
* Excellent work ethic
* Team player with ability to coordinate effort
* Strong computer skills with current technical knowledge
* Office work environment.
* Requires the ability to interact with others in multiple locations
* Frequent computer use at a workstation for extended periods of time.
* Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals
* Occasional evening and weekend work during quarter end and year end processing to meet deadlines
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.