Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Production Support Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Term: 24 months
- Primary production support for the Data Lake Platform ensuring that all analytical data ETL jobs and Big Data Batch and Near Real-time processing jobs within the Enterprise Data Lake environment run efficiently.
- Enterprise Data Lake Platform Support - This resource will be performing various tasks associated with aspects of security, compliance and threat modeling for a big data platform.
- Troubleshoot and analyze complex production problems related to data, network file delivery, server and application issues independently and provide solutions to recovery. Drive and participate in postmortems to avoiding repeated incidents.
Solve problems related to the Core services systems and the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Collaborate with the business analysts and ETL development team members to resolve complex data design issues/provide optimal solutions that meet business requirements and benefits system performance.
Collaborate with channel teams which includes offshore team members, work flexible hours as required to achieve a global follow-the-sun support model.
- Identify and implement operational best practices and process improvements within the following functional areas: Audit, Risk, Change, Event detection, Incident Management, Problem management, Vulnerability Management, Technical Refresh, Tools and Application Support
Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing as necessary.
- Develop and foster a positive relationship with team members, team leads and business partners.
- Develop and updates documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Be willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7x365 environment
- Implement best practices for production environments
- Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing as necessary
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of application production support experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- 3+ years of job scheduling experience
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka, and MapR
- Hands on knowledge of Hadoop ecosystems as well as a good understanding of security architecture and security log monitoring.
- 3+ years of MapR/Hortonworks technical experience.
- 7+ years of systems support analysis experience demonstrated through work or military experience
- 4+ years of experience working in managed services as demonstrated through work, military, or education
- Experience supporting technology at an enterprise-level
- Ability to interact effectively at varying levels of the business and technical organizations; including management
- Strong team or technical leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Knowledge and understanding of incident management: gathering impacts and analyzing data
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 3+ years of Scripting experience in Perl, Shell or Python
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Any experience with security and architecture
- Experience with near real time data processing