Position: Systems Engineer
Location: Town and Country, MO 63017
Term: 17 months
- Work with Release Management and hosting operations teams to build high-frequency automation solutions to maintain the availability and security of live customer environments on the company's hosting and cloud platforms.
- Provide an excellent customer experience by developing error-free, efficient scripts and automation that enable the Release Coordination and Execution teams to deploy and/or upgrade management and monitoring agents and associated software on customer servers at scale and with zero or light touch.
- Assess new and/or advanced technical system technologies against known vendor requirements and recommendations and will develop implementation solutions.
- Development workloads are managed using Agile methodologies and will be accompanied by environment audits and supporting documentation that minimizes the impact on the company’s customers.
- Responsible for the design, build, and test stages of a release deployment project, and supports other functions during the pilot and deploy stages.
- Contributes to operational objective setting, server audits, and performance metrics where applicable.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Knowledge of Python and PowerShell scripting with real-world experience in writing scripts to deliver automated solutions is essential.
- Experience in IT infrastructure technologies (virtualization, storage, network) with strong knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Capable of working with appreciable latitude in development methodology and of being self-directed to prioritize deliverables.
- Knowledge of best practice IT operational processes e.g., incident/change/release management.
- Capable of delivering detailed supporting documentation regarding technical projects, such as methods of procedure, and release notes.
- Creative and have the ability to start new projects and deliver creative solutions to automate operational activities.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.