Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Systems Analyst
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 6 months contract to hire
- Uses Agile methodologies, determines business requirements, translates them into user stories, and tracks them through the complete development and/or change lifecycle.
- Collaborates with product management and engineering teams, bridging the gap between business and technology throughout the product lifecycle to support development.
- Provides technical/functional assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Creates technical documentation including process flows and business flows by collaborating with the development and business teams.
- Creates system reference guides and system and process diagrams.
- Participates in iteration planning, story estimation, daily stand-up meetings, demos, and retrospectives, as a team member.
- Facilitates brainstorming sessions and advocates creativity, transparency, and honesty.
- Stays abreast of systems technology best practices and changing technologies to maintain domain expertise and make recommendations for enhancements or changes.
- Supports team, assisting with: functionality questions, testing, implementation, and other deployment and delivery functions, as assigned.
- Travels, as required.
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Technology, or related field or equivalent experience/training.
- 3 years of relevant system development experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience:
- 3 years of relevant experience in HR and/or payroll domains.
- 2 years of experience working in an Agile environment.
Skills, Licenses & Certifications:
- Advanced ability to plan strategically for current and future business environments, including future technology and business design changes to create flexible, scalable solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of systems flows, engineering documentation, tools, and architecture concepts.
- Advanced understanding of business systems and industry requirements, and full technical knowledge of systems analysis.
- Proficient in technical documentation.
- Excellent analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Understands automated testing, testable requirements, and continuous integration.
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, HTML, Java Script, and Python preferred.
- Ability to work closely with developers and quality assurance teams to create domain models, sequence diagrams, use case diagrams, and operation contracts.
- Experience with application administration, systems support, or development preferred.
- Experience managing user stories within an Agile software development process.
- Experience defining unstructured situations in terms of results and establishing a plan to reach them.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected events, new facts, and rapidly changing circumstances.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members, customers, and external groups, as well as working in a collaborative environment with geographically dispersed resources.
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices, with a can-do attitude.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and Visio.