- Function: Business / Systems Analysts
- Job Ref: 233178
• Bachelor’s degree is desired but not required.
• VMware Certified Professional and MCP are desired but not required.
• AWS Cloud Knowledge (clusters running on AWS).
• Bash scripting / Linus Operating System.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience working with VMware servers and Network Layer-2 in a production environment.
• 3-5 years of recent experience as a Kubernetes Administrator or Cloud Administrator.
• Previous experience managing, setting up, and administration of clusters.
• Exposure to storage (S3 EBS) experience with Docker for Containerization.
• Experience with Ansible or other configuration management tool knowledge.
• Responsible for running, configuring, and managing production Kubernetes clusters across several different data centers both on cloud and on premises.
• Administer, monitor, and manage large-scale production environments. Implement automated procedures for deployments of services, configuration, infrastructure.
• Work with engineering teams to design and implement application operational procedures and processes on Kubernetes.
• Support migration of workloads from a current container orchestration system (DC/OS) to Kubernetes.
• Provide customer service.
• Repair and perform preventative maintenance on systems.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Extensive understanding of networking concepts, (ie, Configuration of network layer-2, TCP/IP, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel virtual networking, HCI-Hyperconverged Infrastructure and SDI-Software Defined Infrastructure.
Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance connectivity and related network problems.
• Install, configure and manage VMware vSphere environment: vCenter, App-V, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), virtual machines, datastore creation and maintenance.
• Configure vSphere Distributed Switch (VDS), VMware Distributed Resource Scheduling, High availability and Fault Tolerance.
• Virtualization: Manage and maintain virtual environments in multiple data centers; including ESXi hots, vCenter Server Appliances, and any virtual machine related tasks and provisioning. Solid scripting and automation skills.
• Provide advance troubleshooting support and problem resolution of the entire Virtualization Infrastructure with various OS platforms such as Microsoft 2008, 2012, 2016 & Linux).
• Ensure ongoing operation of systems/applications through troubleshooting, scheduling/monitoring jobs and technology-related business processes, and end user support as needed.
• Understanding of Storage Architecture, SAN environment and Health-performance-optimization monitoring of virtualized architecture.
• Understanding of security best practices for multi-tiered operating systems.
• Technical written and verbal communication skills (technical writing).
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.