Excellent opportunity for a Sr. Data Analyst to join a services industry leader in Houston, TX! The role offers opportunity for growth as the company continues to expand it's presence nation wide. Company offers excellent benefits and competetive salary with a history of long tentured employees. The position will start remote but will be required to be onsite (near Montrose/Downtown) in coming months.
The focus of the Sr. Data Analyst is to review and collect data and evaluate financial cash receipts. This will require an analytical background in reviewing and extracting datasets, using data analytics from multiple data sources, and working/understanding off-balance data. Advanced Excel (VLookups, Pivot tables, queries, etc.), Power BI, Oracle Essbase knowledge are essential to this role.
- Query and analyze data using Power Query and SQL to improve business insights needed for strategic recommendations to senior management team
- Work with other finance and business intelligence departments to understand the business logic required to make sense of and explain the data
- Liasion bewteen team and finance and accounting departments
- Self Motivated
- Detail Oriented
- Supports and champions new ideas/changes
- Effective communicator
- Bachelor's Dgree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Finance, Accounting or relevant field
- 4+ years of advanced data analytics
- Data warehousing and data mining experience
- Proficiency with Power Query, Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Databases, and T-SQL programming
- Oracle Essbase experience highly preferred