Immediate need for a Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA!
A great "foot in the door" growth opportunity!
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for implementing and maintaining one or more accounting systems, preparing journal entries, general ledger maintenance, project accounting, account reconciliation, fixed assets, etc. Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations. Monitors and develops various monthly reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, financial statements, etc.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and journal entries for general ledger accounts (including, but not limited to, cash, pre-paids, accrued liabilities, and intercompany receivables/payables).
- Assist in the closing process (month, quarter and year-end) by preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Perform monthly capital asset acquisition analysis and reporting reconciliation to general ledger accounts.
- Prepare monthly and annual ad hoc reports as needed.
Ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and a minimum of 1 year of accounting and audit experience. Must have advanced Excel knowledge. Accounting analysis and experience with journal entries and preparing financial statements is required. Experience with MS Business Central, Great Plains and Sage are preferred. Must have excellent communication skills and a strong desire to grow and learn. This is a great "foot in the door" opportunity to grow into a Finance role within the F&A team.
Excellent benefits including full suite of benefits and work from home options. Downtown Atlanta location.