Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: Sr Solutions Architect
Location: Remote, USA
Approved States - Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Term: 6 months, contract-to-hire
The Senior Solution Architect is a key role in the Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice in the client's IT department. As a member of the EA team, this role contributes to the development of an architected IT function for digital competency, with a focus on integration and solution design and obtaining value and insights from core systems of record. This role contributes to and applies the client's EA practices to precisely create architecture designs and roadmaps. This position will require the architect to be both business savvy and an expert in integrations of COTS products and internal development, including various data technologies in order to frame the problem, shape proposed solutions, and champion implementation and organizational change.
The Senior Solution Architect will provide architectural guidance, technological vision, and solution development. Specifically, this position will develop target architecture and plans for the healthcare ecosystem pertaining to applications, infrastructure, data analytics capabilities and processes to enable business partners, advanced analytics, and data science/researcher users ultimately to achieve a competitive advantage for the organization.
The Senior Solution Architect collaborates with other architects in the EA practice to develop a single, cohesive architecture and management plan for the IT enterprise, develops living architecture and repository for reference and use across the company, and contributes to mature the EA practice. This role works closely with domain leaders and subject matter experts to develop target architecture and plan for the domain, presents the plans to management and explains why it is in the organization’s best interest to pursue it, and helps to strategically source technologies, partners and talent that are needed to achieve target capabilities.
The Senior Solution Architect must be able to rapidly develop a strong understanding of IT strategy, business goals, and operating constraints of the IT organization, and current state of the IT stack. As a subject matter expert, this role must be able to synthesize architecture plans with an informed view of new and emerging technology solutions and flexible talent models to enable agile digital transformation in IT. This role must possess an executive presence and excellent interpersonal skills as the incumbent will often lead via influence across multiple IT functions to drive new initiatives and practices. This role often leads via influence across multiple functions to achieve overall domain and IT maturity.
- Maintain subject matter expertise within primary area and strong technical proficiencies in one or more additional areas
- Establish, maintain and apply architecture standards, disciplines and principles in all areas of engagements. Translate business requirements into technical specifications and conceptual designs
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations. Understand business drivers and stakeholder requirements and is capable of tracing requirements to technology capabilities, ensuring business outcomes.
- Establish key vendor relationships with executive leadership. Assess emerging technologies and provide key input on technology investments regarding price vs. performance vs. capabilities. Knowledge of emerging technologies and vendor roadmaps with ability to balance costs against benefits.
- Serve as a conduit for Business and IT functions
- Lead and participate in architectural reviews and/or audits define and maintain documentation of technology standards, process, and policies related to core domain areas. Develops and reviews solutions to ensure systems and associated processes align with IT Strategies and Roadmaps. Review technology solutions for adherence to architecture, regulatory, compliance and operational requirements.
- Develop current and future state domain architecture road maps in partnership with the business and IT teams.
- Define and execute “Request for Information (RFP’s)” in support of large technology shifts within domain. Define and execute analysis of RFP’s with transparency and clearly articulate Pros, Cons and Benefits between solutions
- Responsible for software compatibility matrix across multiple domains, cross domain strategies (Automation, Monitoring, Back up Recovery)Defines Operation Level Agreements and Service Chains, Service Level Agreements associated to service catalog and business requirements
- Ability to effectively drive or contribute to financial models (Total Cost of Ownership, Return On Investment, etc… Profit Loss analysis) for projects spanning multiple domains
- Design and continuously refine client’s data architecture to support the organization’s digital transformation and the next generation of products and data initiatives
- Design and drive end to end multi-cloud, cloud agnostic solution architecture from concept through development and delivery
- Understand and diligently apply client’s EA methodology to contribute to the development of a single, cohesive architecture for the client.
- Author and maintain architecture artifacts and development plans while feeding and expanding client’s online living architecture repository to enable reference and use across the company
- Effectively contribute to improvement efforts within EA to mature the practice, develop architecture expertise and promulgate EA thinking and adoption across IT
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 8-10 years’ of progressive IT experience
- 5+ years’ relevant solutions architecture experience that includes successful commercial product integration experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex technical subject matter and communicate the business and operations impact of choices to business and IT leaders.
- Effective communication skills to interact with all levels of technology and business partners. Excellent facilitation skills
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solutions architecture designs and concepts, which include but are not limited to: SDLC Process, Security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design, and application architecture. ALM experience.
- Applied experience in an agile delivery environment utilizing a combination of Scrum, Kanban, Lean Software Development, XP or other agile process frameworks
- 5+ years of technical experience with application integration: SOA, HL7, Web Services, RESTful, Message Queue solutions using SOAP, JSON, XML, etc
- 2+ years of hands on experience working with EPIC ecosystem.
- Education: Advanced degree in computer science, information technology or related
- 10+ years’ experience in architect positions
- 3+ years of hands on experience working with EPIC ecosystem expanding service interfaces
- Experience with Teams, DevOps, Rally, JIRA, Confluence and other productivity tools
- In-depth knowledge of and proven cloud experience with multi-cloud solutions and hybrid business intelligence stacks
- Experience with healthcare data terminologies, high-performance computing
- Experience with App Orchard
At least any one of common architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachmann, DODAF, FEAF)