Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr. Solution Architect to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has over 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina, serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by providing innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr. Solution Architect
Term: 2 + Months
Location: Remote, USA
- Bachelors Degree and 8 years of progressive experience in a combination of IT development, design and/or architecture disciplines with at least 2 years of solution architecture experience. If no degree, 10 years of progressive experience in a combination of IT development, design and/or architecture disciplines.
- Minimum of 3 years of application development experience delivering quality scalable software on time, on budget, and in compliance with customer requirements.
- Must have exposure to multiple, diverse technical integrations, technologies, and processing environments
- Experience in solution design principles, practices, system development methodologies, and software life cycles with experience in a combination of system and application architectures is required.
- Experience coordinating vendor solution delivery and partnering effectively with vendors to meet business needs.
- Experience in leading small technical teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of (preferred):
o Regulatory and legislative impact on health plans
o Health insurance and plan administration
o Experience mentoring development team members
o Strong visual modeling skills using UML
o Knowledge in SOA, SoDA, OOA/OOD
o Broad knowledge of mainframe, AS400, middleware and client-server technologies, as well as specific knowledge of Java and Microsoft technologies, is desirable
- Able to work closely with the business, IS personnel and other architectural areas to provide research and development around application trends (i.e. Service Oriented Architecture), integration patterns (i.e. MOM, EJBs), vendor direction (i.e. IBM WBI) and development methodologies.
- Experience with object-oriented system architectures utilizing use cases, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Visio and the Rational Unified Process (RUP) or similar methodology is preferred.
- Works effectively with clients to document requirements by conducting interviews and facilitating JAD sessions.
- Must be able to demonstrate thought leadership in the field of IT.
- Understanding of application design principles, practices, system development methodologies, and software life cycles with experience in a combination of system and application architectures.
- Prefer a certification in at least one facet of IT architecture
- Serve as the senior solution architect on a given full Software Development Life Cycle project and vendor work; developing,maintaining and reviewing application architecture throughout the project. May include leading proof-of-technology activities.
- Serve as Project Lead Architect on a project team (PLA) (including users,developers and/or vendors), to plan, coordinate, analyze, design, review and implement application systems and/or enhancements to existing systems to meet current and future needs.
- Provide leadership in the development and adherence to all application standards, application portfolio strategy, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., Walkthrough and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.).
- Ensure vendor work is accurately and thoroughly reviewed and also meets all applicable standards; identify gaps and/or opportunities in work to meet long term corporate goals.
- Contribute to and apply IT industry best practices.
- Participate in and/or lead a cross-functional IT Architecture group that reviews designs from an enterprise perspective.
- Participate in the design review process and support the overall Enterprise Architecture Management process. Also, influence and drive change to architecture processes, strategies and standards, as needed.
- Support and mentor junior Solution Architects.
- Accountable for key design reviews and recommendations to management and IT governance, including:
o Selection and review of structural elements and their interfaces, by which a system is composed
o Behavior as specified in collaborations about those elements
o Composition of these structural and behavioral elements into larger subsystems
o Architectural system that guides this organization
o Architectural documentation creation and stewardship
- Support pre-project efforts in terms of working with the user team or vendor during meetings/presentations, crafting conceptual solutions, assisting with time estimates, and documenting designs.
- Develop Solution Architecture Models and Documentation (key written project deliverable) and/or oversee and approve the creation of architecture documentation.
- Provide technical expertise/coaching for others (i.e. EAI, J2EE); facilitate the development and provide direction on integration design patterns around services and interfaces; and monitor application architecture related to other areas of IS, the business community, and outside vendors to ensure the relevance of architecture to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with the broader architecture community to provide input into IT strategies and standards.
- Research and facilitate the development and review of solution, integration, workflow and web service standards.
- Facilitate conversations with business and applicable vendors to drive out capability needs and outcomes.
- Provide architectural leadership that supports insightful decision making, drive efficiencies in the development process, and maximizes the quality of technical deliverables.
- Create or review IT plans that manage clear and realistic expectations of what technology can offer in terms of products, services, and delivery mechanisms.
- Establish, maintain and review enterprise architecture models to enable applications development and decision-supporting activities, consistent with IT plans.