Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Sr. Software Engineer, CMS
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: long term contract
- Collaborate with technical leaders, business analysts, managers, architects and other software developers, along with internal customers, to understand and develop solutions to meet business requirements.
- Maintain and enhance existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms using domain-driven design and test-driven development.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex software issues; identifies and implements solutions.
- Create detailed functional specifications, acceptance criteria according to requirements, and provide realistic work estimates.
- Research and implement new or unfamiliar technologies with limited guidance.
- Support adherence of high quality coding standards and adhere to best practices, security guidelines, and automated regression testing.
- Work closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs.
- Be self-motivated and able to work with limited guidance in a virtual environment.
- A collaborative team player, willing to help others and stay connected with frequent communication.
Minimum Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- No less than 3 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- Able to accommodate some on-call support shifts.
Preferred Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 5+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- Airline Industry experience.
- Experience building automated testing, managing no-SQL databases, azure cloud infrastructure.
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Proficiency in object-oriented design principles and project methodologies e.g. Domain-Driven Design, SOLID and GRASP principles, Agile methodologies including Scrum, Test-Driven Development, Paired programming.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in OO Development using:
- J2EE technologies: Java 11, JSP, JMS, JAXB, JDBC
- Web Servers: Linux, Tomcat
- Service messaging: REST (JSON/XML), Kafka pub/sub services
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Docker, Terraform
- Scripting: Linux/Unix shell
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in DevOps Toolchain technologies:
- Git, Junit, Maven/Gradle, Git Actions, Artifactory, Azure cloud deployments
- Working understanding of situational awareness (alerting, monitoring) toolchain technologies:
- Alerting: Moogsoft, xMatters
- Logging: Dynatrace, LogInsights, NiFi
- Metrics: Azure Insights, tool dashboards
- Effective Language & Communication Abilities
- Fluent communication in English, both verbally and written, to all levels within the organization.
- Explain technical concepts, comfortable to adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups.
- Influence through effective collaboration and consensus building.
- Work efficiently and productively within a virtual team environment as well as independently.