REMOTE opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits
Title: Sr Product Designer
This role will use human-centered design research methodology (also referred to as design research or design thinking) to probe, assess and evaluate behaviors of targeted groups of people and then translating that knowledge into meaningful information and system designs to inform and improve processes, programs and agile teams. This role will define, structure, and conduct in-person ethnographic research, in person and remote user & customer experience evaluations and help create breakthrough ideas.
Secondarily, the role will provide UI design direction by utilizing our user experience strategy and design system best practices and principals. This is a global role and will actively support solutions in North America, South America, Europe and Indonesia.
- Designs, develops, and reviews user centric and physical and digital process solutions including information architectures, requirements, specifications, navigation design, flows, wireframes. Includes creating and updating design standards documentation to align with modern UX principles.
- Facilitate workshops at a high level about customer/user experience & product strategy and vision — not just visual ideas but what should we build and why. Define, structure, and conduct in-person ethnographic research, in person and remote user & customer experience evaluations. Perform deep analysis of physical processes and provide insights to holistic solutions that include digitization.
- Mentor other areas at company in Human Centered Design & Agile, leading by example in craftsmanship, accountability, and behavior for the other members of the design team and at the company as a whole.
- Interfaces with other process and technology development teams for project and system support.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED AND ten (10) years of Human Centered Design, User Experience, or other User Interface related work experience;
- Associate degree AND seven (7) years of Human Centered Design, User Experience, or other User Interface related work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree AND five (5) years of Human Centered Design, User Experience, or other User Interface related work experience
- A background in heavy industry (mining, utilities, O&G, telecom utilities, logistics, manufacturing, etc.) or comparative work experience at via consulting through full-time or contract work is ideal.
- Take a human-centered approach to improving complex processes, developing new products and applications for the company
- Participate & conceptualize at a high level about product strategy and vision — not just visual ideas but what should we build and why.
- Conduct user research to discover insights, define user personas for digital tools, and map user journeys
- Develop new concepts, storyboards, detailed interaction designs, screen flows, wireframes and prototypes to clearly articulate solutions
- Create distinctive digital experiences
- • Actively collaborate as part of an agile team to ensure designs are feasible and implemented accurately
- Conduct concept and usability testing to iteratively validate and improve design solutions
- Execute product design for a range of applications that are responsive across form factors (e.g., web, mobile, tablet, etc.) and scale across platforms (e.g., iOS, Android, etc.)
- Track user experience metrics and reports on the success of UX improvements, including analytics
- Our client promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws