The Sr Network Engineer will certify, administer, and support a Tier 1 Carrier’s Ciena Manage, Control, and Plan (MCP) platform as well as their Ciena PlannerPlus Fiberoptic Network Capacity Management and Planning tool in their certification labs. The Sr Network Engineer will participate in test planning, test case development, conduct testing then provide a final report on testing results for all software releases. This position will also act as planning tool administrator, field deployment support, and ensure platform software remains fully compliant with all network security requirements.
- Test planning, test case development, and peer review test for all Software releases.
- Test execution, document and manage progress reports (pre-production test environments) for all Software releases.
- Defect resolution verification and proper defect closure for all Software releases.
- Production deployment support for all Software releases.
- Serve as Lead Administrator for Ciena PlannerPlus Application.
- Identify and resolve security vulnerabilities for Ciena MCP & PlannerPlus applications.
- Support data center migrations of fiberoptic platforms and facilities.
- 5+ years working as a Network Engineer in large scale enterprise network
- 5+ years proven project experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in fiberoptic network design and capacity management of fiberoptic networks
- 5+ years working in a technical support role serving as the network expert working with multiple network organizations and implement network changes
- 8+ years of experience working in a telecom environment
- 3+ years of experience with Ciena MCP and Ciena PlannerPlus
- All candidates must speak clear English and show a true desire to not only know fiber optic networks in depth but also a desire to apply themselves and learn new technologies.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field