Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Sr. Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Contract Term: 8 months+
You will engage in all aspects of the Product lifecycle and work to grow your skills in Lean Product Development. We expect our engineers to dig in and solve business problems as true partners. We love small solutions and collecting data to draw conclusions. To build new solutions and chase new hypotheses, our teams are constantly learning. We accept failures as learning experiences and use those experiences to build resiliency in our systems. As a senior developer, your role is a balance of technical coaching and hands-on development work to deliver customer value. We expect all Software Developers to write and deploy code daily, regardless of level.
- Accountable for software delivery and influencing the team to find new behaviors and ways of working.
- Facilitate team ceremonies in conjunction with appropriate team members.
- Identify gaps in agile and technical practices and collaboratively seek remedies for them.
- Identify ways to question the status quo. Lead experiments on alternatives to seek increased customer value, new learnings or both.
- Develop soft skills (communication, business orientation, adaptability, constructive feedback). Make use of existing practices, such as pair programming. Work with the delivery manager to identify training and growth opportunities. Recommend personal growth paths in conjunction with Delivery Manager.
- Help articulate and eliminate team blockers with the Delivery Manager (as needed).
- Take part in architecture and software design with the Squad - in general, encourages the team to work on new ideas and emergent, iterative design. Focuses on constructively arguing against solutions that are not a fit, if necessary.
- Partners with the Product Owner (presenting Playback, keeping focus on business value, etc.) as needed to support the overall Squad's delivery.
- A desire to learn and the ability to show vulnerability when you do not know something
*Required (At least 3 of the following):*
- Demonstrable skill in at least one object-oriented language
- Working experience deploying and supporting business-critical, Internet scale distributed systems or high-volume client/server systems
- Demonstrable skill in SQL and ability to design relational database schemas
- Ability to scrutinize applications and services to ensure they adhere to security standards
- Ability to scrutinize provided architectures and suggest optimizations for time to market
- Experience using Test Driven Development (TDD) to design non-trivial systems
- Past experience coaching or mentoring others, in any context
- Desire to work as part of a team, always keeping the team's goal in mind
- Experience building continuous integration/deployment pipelines
- Experience delivering software using an Agile methodology like Extreme Programming, Kanban, or Scrum
- Previous experience with any of the following:
- Testing Pyramid
- Multi-threading and concurrency
- Debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Object-oriented and service-oriented application development patterns
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both alone and in a team environment
- Adept and comfortable communicating with internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to find creative ways of improving and simplifying solutions, systems, and processes without getting bogged down in blockers or bottlenecks
- Experience leading and managing small to medium-sized development teams of between 5 and 25 developers
- Previous experience as a designer, product owner/manager, or business role (marketing, sales, finance, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields or equivalent experience
If you feel there are materials beyond your application and resume that demonstrate your skills, we would love to see them. For example, GitHub repositories, solutions to problems you are particularly proud of, or any other achievement you are proud of.