Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Sr. IT Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Tempe, AZ
Term: 2 months
- Designs, writes, executes, and maintains automated test scripts for the Time & Attendance Product.
- Performs the setup, upgrade, testing and administration of tools used by the testing team.
- Maintains automation standards for a product set, including the maintenance and evolution of the master automated regression test set.
- Participates in the entire testing project lifecycle from requirements to test executions.
- Develops and maintains the Quality Assurance benchmark performance success metrics and measures all future product releases against those standards.
- Develops plans, procedures and programs to monitor and evaluate the accuracy and reliability of the system and ensure performance and standards are maintained.
- Actively communicates testing status, including schedule, risks, issues, defects, and potential impact.
- Provides engineering support for testing approach design and tools on projects of peers.
- Troubleshoots issues by researching symptoms, analyzing impacts, and implementing solutions.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance Analysts to plan, develop, and maintain automation regressions and performance test suites.
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with Manual Testing.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with test automation.
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Airline Industry experience, including business systems and technology
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Demonstrated understanding of Quality Management, including testing techniques, methodologies, processes, tools, artifacts, and measurements.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
- Experience applying automation techniques and tools, such as Selenium, TestNG, REST Assured, Cucumber, SOAPUI, JMeter/Load Runner.
- Proficiency in eliciting and documenting requirements and performing quality assurance using SDLC best practices/standards.
- Experience in automated test case suite maintenance, including creation of new tests, automated test scheduling, execution, and test logs analysis.
- Experience with different programming languages (VB Script, Java, or TFS).
- Experience with test automation in Quality Center.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Solid judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to effectively manage change and customer expectations.