AWS Cloud Engineer Contract Opportunity with our client in the health insurance field!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs.
Position: Sr. AWS Design Engineer – Cloud and Automation
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Term: 6 months
We are looking for a Sr. AWS Design Engineer - Cloud to join our already skilled team of experts. We want you to have a real passion for technology and apply it to our high-performance culture. We care deeply about the work we do and the impact it has on our customers. You can take happiness in knowing your work has a positive effect on the people of North Carolina.
You'll be a trusted member of a high energy, tight-knit, creative team. As one of our valued members of the team you will be responsible for the engineering of various and complex aspects of both physical and cloud hosted data center infrastructures. Using your experience you will develop and maintain technical standards, procedures and documentation in partnership with service partners as needed. We need for you to be able to analyze operational data and directs proof of technology to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes. We will look for you to use your interpersonal skills to partner and consult with varied technical, business project and management staff.
If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference, then you are the person for this team.
- Independently plan and develop complex engineering designs in support of the implementation of network, compute, telephony, platform, middleware and database solutions.
- Own and maintain technology currency and capacity planning in support of established SLAs.
- Define hardware and software performance standards.
- As infrastructure SME, provide expertise and knowledge in emerging technologies with strategic technology vendors
- Participate in software and hardware licensing, financial and capacity activities that plan for the most efficient way to introduce and maintain datacenter technology within the environment.
- Proactively provide information and ongoing consultation for IT and business areas as well as vendors directly or indirectly affected by the network or data center infrastructures.
- Execute the detailed infrastructure design of larger and/or more complex internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners.
- Design and implement complex automation process to increase operational efficiency and reduce project timelines.
- Provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Provide detailed guidance and consultation in solutioning production incidents when required.
- Maintain appropriate standardized guidelines, work procedures and schedules for solution engineering within the data center environment to expedite workflow and ultimately improve efficiencies.
- Build collaborative relationships with the broader architecture community to effectively maintain technical roadmaps and provide input into strategies and standards related to area of specialization.
- Collaborate with vendors on infrastructure designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed.
- Provide new technology overviews to IT and Enterprise leadership at varied leadership forums.
- Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team members as needed.
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of public cloud systems engineering experience is required.
- In lieu of degree, 7 years of public cloud systems engineering experience.
- In-depth knowledge of current automation technologies including AWS, Ansible, Cloud Formations and Terraform.
- Significant experience with automating tasks associated with public cloud networking and security.
- Experience successfully leading data center projects and initiatives.
- Experience in multiple technical specialties preferred.
- Diverse technical background with an advanced working knowledge of multiple operating systems (Linux/IBM AIX/Windows) and hardware platforms(IBM Power Systems/x86) and virtualization technologies (VMWare/IBM VIOs)
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies (aligning with relevant technical specialties):
o Software defined networking
o Software defined storage
o Compute virtualization
o Private/public cloud
- Experience engineering technologies to be delivered as a service and an understanding of concepts of multi-tenancy.