Dallas based company is seeking a Sr. Information Security Analyst to join their team for a permanent opportunity. This role requires a medium level of technical expertise and information security experience. The Senior Information Security Analyst works closely with the business and other members of the team to specify, design, develop, implement, and manage comprehensive information security and compliance programs.
- Address questions from internal and external audits and examinations.
- Assess threat and vulnerability information.
- Identify potential IT security incidents.
- Mitigation and remediation plans.
- Perform monitoring and threat analysis.
- Analyze logs/traffic.
- Document computer security and emergency measures policies and tests.
Education and Experience:
High-school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), with a minimum of six to eight years working in the Information Technology or Information Security field. In addition to the following qualifications:
- Familiarity with information security standards, including PCI, ISO 27002, NIST 800 series and others.
- Experienced with security event and vulnerability management platforms.
- Experienced with a variety of information security systems and tools, such as Security Information Event Management, Vulnerability Management, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Web Content Filtering, Anti-Virus/Malware and Data Loss Prevention.
- Understanding of threat analysis and enterprise level mitigation processes.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including explaining technical concepts in non-technical terms and public speaking.
- Outstanding organization skills and attention to detail.
- Relevant industry security certifications (CISSP, GPEN, CEH, CISM, CISA, GIAC) are preferred.