Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr. Health Insurance Analytics Analyst to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has over 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina, serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by providing innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr. Health Insurance Analytics Analyst
Term: 6 + Months
Location: Remote, USA
- Bachelors degree in Math, Computer Science or related field. If no degree, 7 years of experience as stated above
- HCC Risk Adjustment Experience (Preferred)
- 5 years of experience with data analysis and preparation including experience with very large data sets using SQL, Python, R or SAS
- The following are tools for this position. The more you have and deeper experience, the better: Snowflake, PowerBI, Tableau, and Teradata.
This Health Insurance Analytics Analyst is responsible for providing advanced analytic support, as it pertains to Risk, Affordable Care Act, Medicare Advantage, and more. Use your experience in Snowflake, Teradata, PowerBI, SAS, and Python to help this team achieve their goals.
- We use the following tools: Teradata, but we are migrating to Snowflake; Tableau, migrating to PowerBI, SAS and Python.
- Develop, analyze, report and interpret complex data for ongoing activities/projects while ensuring that all data are accurate and available to meet established deadlines
- Support and manage complex applications systems on many platforms and manage code migrations and changes between different application environments
- Monitor and perform in-depth analysis of data for customers to determine areas of improvement or where investigation is needed
- Identify complex trends and make recommendations to business areas to effectively assist them with decision making on operational or other business issues
- Engineer efficient report generation process by optimizing back-end data ingestion, manipulation and profiling
- May ensure appropriate security and privacy for all data that contains PHI fields and resolve all security and privacy issues in the data
- Present findings and recommendations to all levels of leadership
- May represent department on project teams and process optimization efforts that require analysis, interviews, procedure design, documentation and implementation
- Provide ongoing user support for ad hoc reporting, questions, queries, and problem support
- Work collaboratively with customers to complete effective needs analyses to successfully provide analytic support and problem solving assistance to business area