Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Sr. Engineer, IT Infrastructure
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 10 months
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 5+ years of experience in a Network environment working with route switch, firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS.
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Azure or AWS/Oracle/IBM networking technologies.
- Senior Level experience with Data Center infrastructure solutions: VPN, Cisco (Route and Switch), Palo Alto firewalls.
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud network infrastructure on Microsoft Azure/AWS/Oracle/IBM.
- Manage and monitor the cloud network infrastructure to ensure high availability, performance, and security.
- Collaborate with development and DevOps teams to ensure the network infrastructure supports the deployment and operation of cloud-based applications and services.
- Configure and manage Azure networking components such as Virtual Network, Load Balancer, ExpressRoute, VPN Gateway, and NSG.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge on routing protocol BGP (community strings, route maps, route filters. attributes).
- Strong experience in building site to site VPN tunnels for both Cisco and Palo Altos platform.
- Experience in native cloud security technologies including Microsoft Azure, AWS etc.
- Experience in providing security consulting services to IT organization and confirm adherence to Company's security policy and regulatory requirements such as PCI, PII, HIPAA, and SOX.
- Campus LAN and WLAN solutions, also implemented on Cisco products, network segmentation and access control in remote offices and campus locations.
- CCNP - Security, DC, Routing, Switching, CCIE, PCNSE (Palo Alto) VMWare Certified Professional Standard is desired.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert is desired.
Preferred Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 3+ years of experience in delivering Software Defined Infrastructure, leveraging automation, orchestration, scripting technologies. Python or Java experience is preferred.
- Airline Industry experience or large enterprise with multiple data centers and remote locations.
- Design Ansible networking playbooks (and/or via Python scripts, REST API) for, Palo Alto, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE/NX-OS.
- Strong experience with Active Directory & DNS.
- Virtualization in the network, security and overall infrastructure space.
- Knowledge of what it takes to deploy and execute software defined infrastructure; firewall technologies, intrusion detection/prevention, micro-segmentation, and software defined network, software defined WAN, etc.
- Experience working with Agile project management methodologies and tools.
Language & Communication Skills
- Proven ability to build, cultivate, and promote strong relationships with internal customers at all levels of the organization, as well as with IT counterparts, business partners, and external groups.
- Deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between information security, database, middleware, network infrastructure and application services.
- Demonstrated experience functioning and succeeding in a bi-modal IT organization.
- Experience presenting key, strategic technical details to Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects/work streams and demands efficiently.
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and use sound judgment and initiative in making decisions.
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and seek clarity.
- Ability to effectively explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience.
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently.