Sr. DevOps Consultant
San Francisco Bay Area (or West Coast)
Have you worked throughout your career to be the best DevOps Engineer possible, continuously learning and experimenting with new technologies, and staying on top of the current changes in the DevOps space?
We are looking for a subject matter expert in advising, coaching, training, and “hands on” implementation of delivery pipelines and the supporting tools and structures that accelerate feedback and delivery. We need expert knowledge in cloud delivery pipelines that may consist of a complex array of multiple cloud systems working in synchronization. Must have “real word” experience to suggest a variety of possible solutions to organizational problems without a “one size fits all” approach. In addition to technical acumen, this resource must have solid understanding of the DevOps mindset and culture and can easily explain to varied audiences the why part of DevOps.
It is important to you see how delivery pipelines impact an enterprise at various systems throughout the organization…. a larger more holistic viewpoint. You know when to roll up your sleeves and just make the technical magic happen and when to just consult and coach those to make the technical magic happen.
If this is you, we want you as part of our consulting practice!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities at Our Clients:
- Work with executives, organizations, and heads of IT units.
- Comfortable with multiple cloud platforms and delivery models.
- Act as a guiding force for other DevOps Engineers.
- Track organizational and engagement-level metrics.
- Work with account executives in the delivery of new opportunities and clients.
- Provide engagement summaries (when requested) and maintain information radiators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in our Practice:
- Develop new skills to improve the way we coach teams toward improvement.
- Provide individual contributions to Practice.
- Publish blogs, white papers, and other public material; two to four per quarter.
- Speak at conferences, meet-ups, and other public events to expand the MATRIX brand.
- Consistently maintain high customer satisfaction and delivery results.
- Serve as a squad leader to our market and regional delivery squads.
- Facilitate engagement summaries when requested.
- Creates IP/IC that aligns with the Practice strategy, internal accelerators, and client information.
- Provides support to each squad member in continuous improvement.
- Creates and maintains methods of cross-squad communication.
Knowledge - Qualifications:
- Knowledge and/or experience of AWS and Azure platforms.
- Working knowledge Jenkins, CloudBees, Chef, Puppet, Bamboo, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, TFS or Azure DevOps with complex build and packaging requirements.
- Working knowledge containerization technologies such as Docker and rkt.
- Experience with AWS Elastic services, Kubernetes, OpenShift or other orchestration technologies.
- Administration of GIT(GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket), SVN, TFS.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Microsoft PowerShell, Python, Ruby).
- Working experience with varied ALM toolsets with a knowledge of scrum or Kanban is extremely helpful.
- Have experience in one or more (PAAS, SAAS, IAAS) in addition to virtualization technologies.
- Solid understanding of automated test strategies, monitoring techniques, and fail-over contingencies.
- Understanding of cloud data caching technologies.
- Skilled in identifying technical risk and mitigation techniques.
- Strong belief that DevOps has a people side, not just a set of tools.
- Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form.
- Demonstrable experience in providing consultation to organizations, leaders and team members.
- Strong, demonstrated communication/presentation abilities.
- Ability to write, speak and present effectively to individuals, small groups, and large groups.
- Knowledgeable in multiple communication, collaboration, remote applications.
Education – Experience:
- Five or more years’ experience working as an DevOps engineer, preferably implementing a variety of solutions to address different types of problem areas.
- Certifications not required but the following are a plus:
- CKAD, CKA, KCSP
- Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions AZ-400, other Azure certifications AZ-xxx
- CJE, CCJE
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Fast paced with a high degree of "interrupt-driven" activities occurring in a rapid moving setting (i.e. multiple phone calls at once, multiple people demanding attention at once).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Requires a high-level of energy, concentration, intensity, and ability to handle many details simultaneously.