Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr Database Architect to join their team for a contract to hire role!
Our client has over 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina, serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by providing innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr Database Architect
Term: 6 Months, Contract to Hire
Location: ** While the position is Remote, work from home, to be eligible to convert to an employee of this company, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- If you have a degree, 7+ years of progressive IT experience or 10 years if no degree, and must be proficient in cloud and database concepts.
- Must have led end-to-end database architectures in AWS, with a minimum of 3 years of experience and experience migrating SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, SQL, Oracle) and NoSQL databases (Couchbase), and database testing frameworks and performance tuning techniques.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and strong communication skills required.
- Desired skills include AWS certifications, knowledge of healthcare regulations, and system integration experience.
****To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
The Sr Database Architect will lead modernization of database platforms, provide technical leadership, and coordinate the design and governance of cloud and database architectures. The role will involve developing and maintaining cloud and database architecture documentation, supporting pre-project efforts, and staying on top of technology trends.