Our client is seeking The Sr. Database Administrator to join their team for a contract opportunity in Irving, TX. In this role, you'll be responsible for executing to both the roadmap and backlog for the product and enhancing the digital experience by ensuring that our databases are optimized for peak performance.
Your areas of expertise span historical practices, best practices and improvements in Agile processes and software delivery. You have a passion for delivering products that meet business needs as well as satisfy our customers.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where we are responsible for companies’ most critical systems.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity.
Database Administrator Qualifications/Skills:
- 5+ Years working with Postgres in a DBA role
- Strong command of SQL and SQL tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Unix shell scripting skills
- Experience implementing high availability database instances
- Experience and understanding of AWS RDS/Aurora
- Experience with other databases, especially DocumentDB is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to access impact of requested changes
- Collaborative, get it done attitude
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven mentorship or leadership skills are a plus.
- Competency in Microsoft Office